The Back-up Basement

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Who's buying?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nevermind

PostSubject: Who's buying?   Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:40 am

Metals are getting pummeled! Currently, silver is in the mid-$16 range and gold is falling toward it's next support level at $1200. I'm toying with buying a little silver now and watching over the next few days to see what happens. My current average price per ounce is approximately $20, so I'm safe buying now. My only doubts is that it might fall another couple of bucks and I'd miss out on a better deal later if I buy now. I know... I know... "You can't catch a falling knife." Stern

My other problem is, I want to see where gold goes. If it breaks through $1200, it's a long fall from there. If the dollar continues on it's current path and the market stays strong, I think it's reasonable to assume that gold will break through $1200. Of course, I'm an amateur that doesn't know his head from a hole in the ground, so I have no idea what to do.
Back to top Go down
fl57caveman

PostSubject: Re: Who's buying?   Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:03 am

imho, gold will hold above 1200, silver is a different animal, sometimes it holds while gold falls, other times, it falls with it

due to money restraints, no buying right now, but would add silver if I could

buying other metals, lead, steel, brass....
Back to top Go down
Whacky Stacker

PostSubject: Re: Who's buying?   Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:12 am

My average cost for silver is slightly under $16. It still needs to fall some more for me to buy but, like Cave, I've got some money restraints like paying for my son's last two years of college. Hmmm, what to do.....buy silver or send son to college. Son wins.
Back to top Go down
nevermind

PostSubject: Re: Who's buying?   Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:20 pm

I've got cash pressures too. Or, more accurately, priority pressures. My income is much lower now than it was last year and the first part of 2016, and my wife finally retired (I've been urging her for years) so her income is about half what it was. Being debt free is a blessing.

I spent some proactive cash on the run up to the election to make sure I was grandfathered in on the 2nd amendment in case of a Clinton win. Now I've developed an interest in custom 80% builds, which cost money and carry a high risk of screw ups - meaning more money for replacement parts. So I've got to decide, do I buy PMs or do I buy the same metals that caveman is buying?
Back to top Go down
fl57caveman

PostSubject: Re: Who's buying?   Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:48 pm

nevermind wrote:
I've got cash pressures too. Or, more accurately, priority pressures. My income is much lower now than it was last year and the first part of 2016, and my wife finally retired (I've been urging her for years) so her income is about half what it was. Being debt free is a blessing.

I spent some proactive cash on the run up to the election to make sure I was grandfathered in on the 2nd amendment in case of a Clinton win. Now I've developed an interest in custom 80% builds, which cost money and carry a high risk of screw ups - meaning more money for replacement parts. So I've got to decide, do I buy PMs or do I buy the same metals that caveman is buying?

my incomes goes and down also, I recommend concentrating on adding common caliber ammo, guns that are reliable, and accessories, ie. scopes, magazines , and ammo..

if you can buy ammo for your guns in mudlick, ky, that is the calibers I want
Back to top Go down
nevermind

PostSubject: Re: Who's buying?   Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:55 am

fl57caveman wrote:
nevermind wrote:

my incomes goes and down also, I recommend concentrating on adding common caliber ammo, guns that are reliable, and accessories, ie. scopes, magazines , and ammo..

Yeah, all of my "base metals" are in extremely common sizes.
Back to top Go down
fl57caveman

PostSubject: Re: Who's buying?   Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:27 pm

nevermind wrote:
fl57caveman wrote:
nevermind wrote:

Yeah, all of my "base metals" are in extremely common sizes.

yes, the last thing you want to hear in mudlick, ky fighting zombies, is when you run screaming into the only  hardware store in 30 miles, quick,
give me a box of 6.5grendel, or 7.62 x 54 Russian, the old fart behind the counter says" what the hell kind of commie queer ammo is that? we aint gone none of that city folk shit..

while he is sitting on a pallet of 165grain 30.06 springfield, propping his feet on a pallet of 12ga 00
Back to top Go down
bossandy

PostSubject: Re: Who's buying?   Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:48 am

The only silver I’m buying this year are the ATB 5OZ Bullion and P Pucks along with the ASE proof and W from the Mint. Still paying off the heart bill and stuck 5 grand worth of windows in the castle. I did get a chance to sneak in an AR15 and 1K rounds for my birthday in July.
Back to top Go down
nevermind

PostSubject: Re: Who's buying?   Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:18 pm

Gold and silver took a major dump today.
Back to top Go down
Sumo

PostSubject: Re: Who's buying?   Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:24 pm

nevermind wrote:
Gold and silver took a major dump today.

Yeah, and My wife's transmission blew up yesterday after a 7K engine and a 2K turbo -

I HATE this fucking Car!
Back to top Go down
scooter

PostSubject: Re: Who's buying?   Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:03 am

Bought some silver on Friday. Stopped in a local pawn shop (which I stop in regularly) and he had some miscellaneous 1oz rounds of mixed variety (mostly of Christmas issue). He said he'd take spot plus tax. I don't usually like paying tax on bullion, but it was still a good deal ($16.50 plus 9%), so I bought all he had. I guess he buys them at a couple $s below spot.

Been buying mostly silver for 35 years. In my opinion, this is the best buying opportunity that's come along in years. Just my gut feeling.
Back to top Go down
nevermind

PostSubject: Re: Who's buying?   Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:43 pm

scooter wrote:
Bought some silver on Friday. Stopped in a local pawn shop (which I stop in regularly) and he had some miscellaneous 1oz rounds of mixed variety (mostly of Christmas issue). He said he'd take spot plus tax. I don't usually like paying tax on bullion, but it was still a good deal ($16.50 plus 9%), so I bought all he had. I guess he buys them at a couple $s below spot.

Been buying mostly silver for 35 years. In my opinion, this is the best buying opportunity that's come along in years. Just my gut feeling.

That's a good deal! I'm probably going to take advantage of the cyber-monday sale at provident, nice 10 ozt bars.
Back to top Go down
Sumo

PostSubject: Re: Who's buying?   Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:18 am

nevermind wrote:
scooter wrote:

That's a good deal! I'm probably going to take advantage of the cyber-monday sale at provident, nice 10 ozt bars.

these guys are $4 cheaper than Provident...

http://www.bgasc.com/category/10-oz-silver-bars-all-brands?r=cspprod
Back to top Go down
nevermind

PostSubject: Re: Who's buying?   Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:32 pm

Sumo wrote:
nevermind wrote:
scooter wrote:

these guys are $4 cheaper than Provident...

http://www.bgasc.com/category/10-oz-silver-bars-all-brands?r=cspprod

Not anymore. Currently 171.80 at provident, 172.80 at bgacs, Not worth worrying about that small of a price difference.

https://www.providentmetals.com/provident-prospector-10-oz-999-silver-bar.html
Back to top Go down
thedude74

PostSubject: Re: Who's buying?   Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:17 pm

bossandy wrote:
The only silver I’m buying this year are the ATB 5OZ Bullion and P Pucks along with the ASE proof and W from the Mint. Still paying off the heart bill and stuck 5 grand worth of windows in the castle. I did get a chance to sneak in an AR15 and 1K rounds for my birthday in July.

Congrats on the AR Andy. Aluminum, copper, lead....your still investing in metals!
Picked up a Ruger SR 5.56 this summer too. Haven't even shot it yet. Was too busy glass bedding and working up loads for the deer rifle. Never enough time.
Back to top Go down
purple owls clover

PostSubject: Re: Who's buying?   Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:39 pm

70:1 buy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's buying?   

Back to top Go down

Who's buying?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum